The process of generating worm castings is called vermiculture or vermicomposting. Worm castings are the end product of the earthworm?s digestive system. (Yes, castings are worm poop!) Earthworms digest and refine materials that result in nutrient rich, organic castings. Worm castings are totally natural, have an earthy, dirt-like odor and look like coffee grounds.
Worm castings are the digested by-product that worms leave behind. As earthworms consume, digest and refine organic matter, they produce mineral and nutrient rich vermiculture. The benefit of worm castings is they slowly release nutrients necessary for healthy plant growth. Try some in your garden and see the amazing results for yourself.
Why is Dirt Booster? better?
- Unlike chemical fertilizers, where plants cannot access the benefits of many of the nutritional benefits, worm castings provide a natural and efficient source of nutrients, help fight disease and provide nourishment for all types of plants. DIRT BOOSTER? Premium Worm Castings are the best all natural way to fertilize your plants.
- Improve soil structure
- Increase moisture retention in the soil
- Safe for phosphate sensitive plants
- Promote beneficial microbial activity that results in healthier plants
- Help to reduce algae in greenhouses, ponds & lagoons
- Don?t contaminate ground water
- Reduce carbon in soil
- Increase nitrogen levels that plants can more readily access
- Chemical free and all natural
- Non-toxic and completely safe for use around children and pets
- Won?t burn your plants, like other animal manure
- Help draw out toxins, harmful bacteria and fungi from soil
- Help prevent extreme pH levels in soil
- Contain nutrients that last longer than those found in potting soil
How to Use Worm Castings
Worm castings can be used in a garden and added to the soil of your potted plants. If you?re planting your garden sprinkle a handful (approximately ? cup) of DIRT BOOSTER? Premium Worm Castings into the hole for each plant. Also, sprinkle DIRT BOOSTER? Premium Worm Castings around plants in your garden once a month during growing season to maximize the health and growth of your plants. If you?re potting with worm castings, mix one part DIRT BOOSTER? Premium Worm Castings with three parts soil. Worm castings also are a great way to fertilize your lawn. Have a lush green blanket of grass by spreading DIRT BOOSTER? Premium Worm Castings ? you?ll need 10 pounds of castings for every 100 square feet of lawn.